Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Revelations

Mistakes

What love is unmistaken?
A halo in the night?
A bite so sweetly taken.
A blank word colored right.
What sorrow without mourning
is curtained by the sun?
A desperate cry imploring
that faint wrongs be unsung

What pattern unfulfilling
fills the broken heart?
A stirring tear left spilling
while a settled stare remarks.


What name could be forsaken?
in the midst of honest pride?
This love, as good as taken,
somehow got left aside.


What pain left unforgiven
could in time be set free?

And before I took to love again,
what had love took from me?





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Meg I like this poem..it's very... real haha I didn't know you wrote poetry too! Keep up the good work and I'll keep reading :)
- Jasmine

MeggieS said...

Thanks Anonymous! AKA Jazzy : )